Monday, March 21, 2016

Portrait Redux

I always love using window lighting for portrait shots. It gives a variety of looks to the subject I want. For the assignment Shooting Tight, what I used for the model was strictly window lighting. For this assignment I knew I was going to use mostly kids for my subjects so I wanted to use more of a soft window light on them. On the side facing away from the window I would use a reflector to bounce light back onto them, softening their look.


f/4 1/250

f/4 1/640
For this shot I could not get her to sit still, which I actually loved. She has a huge personality and I wanted to see if I could capture that, so I let her do her thing. This was right after she had a chocolate chip cookie and got caught. She knows how to use those cute eyes to get out of anything.

f/4 1/400
This shot I wanted to go for more of a glamor look, so I put the reflector more underneath. He is a great model and didn't need a lot of direction. With all the subjects I used, I didn't tell them to do anything or tell them how to model. I told them where to stand and would just talk to them until their personality came through.

f/4 1/640
This little guy is just awesome. He was covered in dirt and didn't care to be in front of them camera. This was the first shot I took of him and loved it, which was lucky because after 3 more clicks of my camera he said he done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment