Monday, April 11, 2016

Illustration


With this Illustration piece, I wanted it to be more personal. When someone looks at this photograph, I know they will feel something or interpret it differently depending upon what they have experienced in their life. For me I wanted this picture to show a lot. It could show feminism, it also could show no longer wanting to be silent or aloud to be pushed around. My response to this was finally starting to take off the barrier and to have a voice, but I want viewers to interpret it how they want to. It will be interesting to see what they felt about it. 

For this picture I wanted it up close and personal. I kept the focus on the eyes and duck tape by using a shallow depth of field. I also changed it to black and white and zoomed in to eliminate any distractions. 

Physical: I knew I wanted to keep the photo simple with no distractions, so I kept the back ground just that by using a white sheet.

Psychological: Like I said above, I want this to be interpreted differently depending upon what each viewers had experienced in their life. 



1 comment:

  1. Brooke,
    This is a very strong photograph! You are right, there could be so many different interpretations for it. I really like what you are wanting to portray. Great job!

    ReplyDelete